Friday, September 19, 2014

Playing with Silver

When my sister got married last year, her colour scheme was blue, black and silver - colours of her favourite football team, the Cronulla Sharks. Silver was all the inspiration I needed to come up with these layouts.
Layout One: Family Love. This layout features my brother-in-law and his grandchildren. I used silver embossing powder and some silver stickers from Heidi Swapp as the silver features on this layout.

Layout Two: Love being together. Photos of my family. I grabbed a Crafter's Workshop template, my versamark and inked it onto vellum, covered it with embossing powder and heat set it. Almost like my own version of the awesome Dear Lizzy gold dot vellum that was so popular twelve or so months ago.
And what better way to add more silver than bunch up a pile of metallic silver thread.  
I must confess that I am loving using embossing powders on vellum. The only real tip I can give you if you want to try it is to keep your heat tool a bit further back from the vellum compared to when you are heat setting on paper.
Cheers,
S xoxo

No comments: