Monday, January 13, 2014

Diamonds are forever ...

... unless you don't like the setting that is. This layout is based on the story of a ring that my husband bought me for Christmas in 2012. It was a nice ring - a Ceylon Sapphire surrounded by a cluster of diamonds - and it definitely wasn't cheap and nasty BUT it was totally not 'me'. As much as I tried to like it, I just couldn't do it or even pretend to like it. It broke my heart to admit the truth to my husband but I thought honesty was better than having all that money sit in the box, never to be worn. With his blessing, I exchanged the ring and ended up with a beautiful white gold and diamond set which I wear almost every day.

And some close ups:
I originally wrote the journalling on the layout itself but I messed it up big time. No use panicking - all I did was smooch some gesso over it and added more mist splatters. I then used a circle punch to cut a semi-circle from the top left-hand corner to make a feature for some tags. To keep the tags in place, I created a little pocket on the back of the layout with foam tape and scraps of patterned paper. These are the tags lying on top of the layout. 
And this is how they tuck behind the layout: 
Lots of layers - I am loving layers at the moment. 
I may have done my dash in the jewellery stakes though as my husband gave me a gift voucher for Christmas lol.
S xoxoxo 

No comments: