Monday, March 25, 2013

Getting my Challenge On

In between the mundane routine that is a typical weekend, I set time aside to complete a few scrapping challenges.  I managed to complete 4 layouts over the last two days which is not bad considering the amount of distractions I had with Tony and the boys still busy with the harvest. My first share is the March Savvy Sketch with a Twist challenge using this sketch:
I flipped it, moved the title and hid the journalling behind the photo to come up with this:
On afternoon earlier this year, the boys and I were talking about what it mean to have a goal. Mitchell asked if he was allowed to choose a goal for the 2013 school year. Of course, I was interested to hear what he had to say so I let him think about it and choose a few different ones. At the top of his list was his plan to get an 'A' for behaviour on both report cards this year. So far, he is well on his way to achieving this goal. Not to be outdone, Lachlan quickly set some goals of his own - the most important one being his plan to improve reading. I was pretty pleased to hear him say this as reading is one of the biggest things he struggled with last year.  I love that both boys are so keen to be responsible for their learning and behaviour at school. Let's hope it continues for the rest of their time at school.
And a close-up: 
Totally loving matching all of the different shades of green that have been slowly making their way into my stash. The ones on this layout are from Heidi Swapp, October Afternoon and lovely, lovely new chevron vellum from Dear Lizzy for American Crafts.
Stay tuned for some more shares throughout the week.
S xoxoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very cool! Love mix of patterns and the white space!

Anonymous said...

I do love the green chevron too! Lovely layout xx