Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Big Shoes to Fill

I used the March Sketch Challenge over at Scrapbooking from Scratch as the inspiration for another layout for Mitchell's album. The sketch looked like this:
And, as per usual, I have flipped it and left things out to come up with this: 
The title refers to the fact that Mitchell needed Size 8 Men's shoes at the start of this year. Size 8 and he is only 10??!! Now his foot is officially bigger than both of his grandmother's and he is well on the way to being able to fit into my shoes.  In the journalling, I have pondered the question of just how big his feet will be in 5 years time. I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to kept poor buying shoes for our biggest little man ;) The background paper is from an older October Afternoon line and I found the text quite distracting. My solution was to smear a thin layout of paint over it using an old plastic card. I then used mist over the top but that went a bit haywire. Lucky for me a baby wipe cleared most of it off. Take two worked much better.
When I printed the photo, I knew I wanted to feature the number '8' somewhere on the layout but didn't want to make it a focal point. This numbered grid paper from the B Side of an older Echo Park collection was perfect for making a record of Mitch's shoe size. 
I really loved this sketch and will definitely be using it again.
S xoxo

1 comment:

Belinda Scott said...

Aweso,e take on the sketch!!! Love the photo and the colours used.misting is also fab,never thought of using baby wipes!!!And with young kids I always have them, will be trying that out next time I make a ooops:)