Friday, November 2, 2012

Traditions

Do you have any special traditions in your family?  I didn't think we did until I got to thinking about how close Mitchell's birthday is to Christmas.  As someone who grew up with a birthday close to Christmas (18 days after to be exact) I was lucky to have parents who believed that, regardless of the time of year, birthdays were special days to be celebrated free of attachments to anything else.  I have tried to keep that alive in our family with Mitchell's birthday falling three weeks before Christmas. My way of making sure that he knows his day is special is to keep the focus off Christmas and the 'silly season' until after his birthday passes. We don't put up the Christmas tree or decorations and start the countdown until December 5. Forgot the 'proper' way to do it (if there is such a thing) - this is our tradition and I am planning on sticking to it for as long as I can.

So what is a special tradition in your family? I would love to hear.
Thanks for stopping by.
S xoxoxo

No comments: