Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stuck?! Scrapping

Nothing like leaving things to the last minute to get your scrapbooking mojo into gear.  Despite the fact that school holidays are finally here, my scrapping over the last week or so has been limited.  Between recovering from the flu, end of term madness and swimming for the boys not a lot of time has been spent at the scrap desk.  I have, however, spent just enough time today to tackle a few challenges.  One of my favourite challenges to have a got a each month are the sketch challenges over at Stuck?! Sketches.  I was able to get both sketches done - just in the nick of time because the deadline is midnight tonight ;)
Sept 1 Sketch:
 And this is my take on it.  It has been quite a while since I have used such a large photo on a layout - so much so that I ended up trimming it down to the size that you see.  It did start out as a 12 x 8 :o 
And a close-up of the bottom right hand corner of the sketch.  I decided to forgo a word title and use the date as the title instead. 'Parkhead' is the name of the property that we live on.  Strange name which I have never found out the meaning of. 
Sept 15th Sketch:
My take on this layout didn't turn out exactly as I had planned thanks to a printing mistake on my part.  Silly me hit the wrong size when I printed it so I decided just to run with it and 'play' with positioning of the papers and embellishments. 
And some close-ups of some Greatest View flair badges ... love them (but I think you could have guessed that already ;)
and the journalling ... also loving pulling out the old typewriter these days! 
So those are my takes on the challenges this moth.  Always feels good to have more layouts ready to find homes in the albums.
Will be back tomorrow with more shares ;)
S xoxo 

No comments: