Tuesday, August 2, 2011

While a sick boy is at home ...

... Mummy will stay at home and play.
For the past two days I have been at home with a sick little boy. A trip to the doctor didn't shed too much light apart from a virus which, of course, meant nothing could be done except for Panadol and cuddles from Mum. In between all of the cuddles, I managed to squeeze in some scrapping. The urge and desire to scrap has eluded me in recent weeks which put to rest the plans I had to enter this year's Scrapbooking Memories Magazine Masters Competition. Yeah I know that there are 11 days until the entries close but realistically the only time I will get between now and then to do the entries will be on the weekend and I just don't see it happening. I managed to complete one of the challenges and had the other three planned out but couldn't get my act together long enough to pull them together. I am a bit disappointed in myself - not because I thought I was a sure thing or anything but because I wanted the challenge and to test my boundaries. In terms of scrapbooking, I have been so lucky and blessed this year. I have had a pile of layouts accepted for publication PLUS the honour of having a layout chosen to be the front cover (see previous post) - not bad for someone who honestly believes that her layouts are not all that great (yeah I know, slap me now). Maybe that can be my scrapping challenge for 2012 - to actually complete and submit a Masters entry. Enough of the rambling, here are the latest layouts:



1. Tower of Terror - based on Stuck Aug 1 Sketch



This is what my kitchen area looks like any given Sunday - a monstrous pile of folding and ironing that needs attention. If I don't get into it straight away, Lachlan thinks nothing of playing with all those lovely clean clothes and making pyramids or as he likes to call them, his 'Towers of Terror'.2. They are my Boys.
I came across this challenge while checking out Crystal's blog. She is the Guest DT member for the month over at Beyond the Door Scrap Challenges. The main focus was to be green and cream tones but alas, I think the brown dominates in this LO ;)


3. Sweet Child of Mine


This LO was completed as part of Sara's Wordy Challenge over at Scrapbook Savvy. The idea of the challenge is to use the monthly word somewhere in the title. This month's word is 'SWEET'. I finally managed to crack open the 'He's Savvy' June Kit with this lo - definitely my favourite Savvy Kit to date.


4. Chocolate Lipstick


This was going to be my 5x7 layout for my Masters Entry. I love this photo of Lachlan - definitely one of my all time favourites of him. After showing him the picture in the camera viewfinder the first thing he said was 'I's got chocolate lipstick'. Of course, I just had to use that as the title of the layout :-)

Well that is me up-t0-date for now. I am back to work tomorrow and already dreading the paperwork that has piled up on my desk over the past two days. Oh well, I will just start at the top and work my way through. If it gets done, it gets done; if not, it will still be there on Thursday.
Thanks for stopping by,
S x0x0x0

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! These are all gorgeous Sarah! I especially love the Masters layout. Such a shame you aren't entering. Your work is amazing. See you in a few weeks. :)

AerynK Designs said...

Your scrapping drought really did break! Good job!

Unknown said...

Love your layouts! I can't pick a favorite because they are all fabulous! I love the painting and misting on the last two!