Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finally

Finally the world has slowed down enough for me to take a few minutes to sit and blog. I don't know about the rest of you but time just doesn't seem to stand still long enough for these days. The last month has passed by in a blur of school work, weekend sport, celebrating family birthdays and only limited opportunities for scrapping. In fact, apart from today, the only scrapping I have done in the last month were the layouts I managed to complete while on the Wicked Princess retreat a few weeks ago.

I had such an awesome time at the retreat, despite the obvious first-timer nerves, and have already booked in to attend next year. I am even contemplating taking long service leave for it. There was lots of fun times and laughter shared - I think it took almost a week for my stomach muscles to return to normal. Apart from spending the weekend with my regular scrap buddies, Julie and Donna, I was fortunate to be sitting close to current Scrapbooking Memories Master, Lauren Bell and long-time scrapper Lisa Kamphius. OMG those two girls are hilarious, not to mention TALENTED.

It was awe-inspiring to say the least. I surprised myself by completing 7 layouts for the weekend which is pretty good considering that I would have to be one of the slowest scrappers going lol. Here are some photos of what I managed to get done:

Layout 1: Half a Smile is better than none at all.

I actually started this layout a few weeks before the retreat but wasn't happy with it. I knew I wanted a lot of 'white space' but nothing seemed right. As soon as I unpacked my stash at the retreat, it all seemed to fall in place. It is typically simple - as is my style - but I am happy with it.

Layout 2: Christmas Photoshoot

This is my least favourite layout from the weekend. I love the photos but I always struggle when it comes to scrapping Christmas layouts. The supplies for this layout came with one of the kits we received as part of the retreat challenges.

Layout 3: It's a Boys World
I have had this layout sitting in the back of my head for ages now. The photos were taken last year and despite several attempts at scrapping them, I always ended up throwing the layouts out. I am finally happy with how these photos have turned out on a layout.


Layout 4: Real Life

This layout doesn't really have a title so I am using the sticker as my inspiration. In many ways, it is one of those layouts that doesn't really need a title as the picture speaks for itself. This layout was inspired by Anthea Paterson (love her work and would love to be able to layer like she can!)

Layout 5: Smile
It isn't hard to be inspired to scrap when you are sitting close to Lauren Bell. I have her style, very much like how I would like to be able to scrap. So what is a girl to do when surrounded by such talent? Lift her work of course. I cannot claim any credit for this layout - it is all Lauren's. Thanks for the inspiration Lauren!

Layout 6: Ouch
After spending time with Crystal Goulding and Lauren Bell, it is not hard to be inspired to use paint on layouts. I had been wanting to use paint ever since seeing Crystal at work while at Donna's but it took seeing Lauren hard at it to finally give me the courage to give it a whirl. I love that this layout is simple but still a lot to look at - well I think so anyway lol.
I do have a 7th layout but can't show that one at the moment. I will show when I can ;)
Anyway, I am off to make the most of my weekend - public holiday tomorrow so hopefully scrapping is on the cards.
Take care
S xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

donna said...

I am glad you had a great time honey! mwah!

Lauren said...

Awww you are such a sweetie! It was really lovely to scrap with you - I just love what you have done with the paint. All of your layouts are gorgeous! :)