Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little bit of awesome-ness ...

Even if I do say so myself. hehe
I made it one of my New Year's resolution to have a go at submitting layouts to the magazines. I had a real problem making myself do this because I believe that my scrapbooking isn't up to the standard of most of the names that you see in the magazines month after month. After a few harsh words and loads of encouragement from some special girls, I bit the bullet and sent some creations off. Within a few days I had two acceptances, the first of which was published in Issue 79 of Scrapbook Creations. The pic is one of my all time favourites; sadly I can't claim the credit and although I did credit the photographer in my notes I sent in, it was not put into the magazine.
Lachie was so proud when I showed him. He 'confiscated' the magazine the next morning and took it to school, proudly saying to his classmates, 'Look, I've been published.' LOL too cute. I just loved it when his teacher told me that is what he was telling everyong. Didn't have the heart to tell him it was actually Mummy who was published.Today was my first day back in the classroom after 14 weeks Long Service Leave. Still not 100% sure how I feel about being back. I guess I just need to get back into the swing of things and get back into the routine.
S xoxoxo

2 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

Congrats on surviving your first day back!!!!! that layout looks great!! and i guess sort of it was him published............

Marlene said...

Congratulations!!! Love the layout! You should be more confident....you really ARE good!