Sunday, December 7, 2008

I think I am here

Phew what a week it has been - don't think I have had such a busy one in quite a while. Well obviously most of my weeks are busy - lots of planning to do and the inevtiable pile of marking - but this week was even more so.
This was Sunday afternoon:















Pick the idiot who thought it would be a good idea to have 23 sugar-filled, screaming kids running around the place. Yeah it was me and YES people, take my advice - GO TO McDONALD'S. Seriously though, it was a great afternoon. Mitch has never had a birthday party at home for all his mates because we always lived too far out of town but this year was different so he made the most of it. It started out as water play on the slip 'n' slide but it didn't take long for the kids to discover the pool (which i was wanting to be kept secret) but ah well, it was all in the name of fun.

I spent Monday and Tuesday putting the finishing touches on this:


These are just some of the 160 students that I am going to be calling 'mine' for the next 5 years. I have been wanting to be a Yr Co-ordinator at my school for about 6 years but having time off with the boys and only working part-time has meant that I have had to forego this privilege ... until now. I found out back in September that I had been appointed the Yr 8 Coordinator for 2009 so after many months of planning, arranging classes, visiting schools, nagging staff for assistance, Wednesday was the Yr 8 Trial Day. And for those of you who are in the know - the day was an awesome success - well apart from the popper incident anyway lol.

Then onto Thursday morning and Mitchell's actual birthday. Not too many good pics to be had, lots of blurry ones with his arms thrown up in the air to his shouts of yahoo to each new present he opened. As always, he was thoroughly spoilt but hey, he will only turn 6 once right???














Thursday lunch time saw me escape from the piles of paperwork left over from Transition Day to race down to Mitchell's school with yet another cake for him to share with his class:





THIS IS WHAT HE THOUGHT OF BEING TOLD HE HAD TO KISS THE CLOSEST GIRL IF HE TOUCHED THE BOTTOM OF THE CAKE WITH THE KNIFE - hmmmmmm doesn't look too please about that lol






LOOKS A TAD EMBARASSED BY ALL THE ATTENTION lol





And finally - well for the picture department anyway, Thursday night with Mitchell's school concert and Christmas Bash. The preppies were so cute - they all dressed up as Cowboys/Cowgirls and did a performance for us. (NOTE TO SELF: ASK SANTA FOR A LENSE WITH A BIGGER ZOOM!!! as none of the pictures of the performance turned out any good) but how cute does my little man look all done up in his Daddy's hat???!!!















And then onto Friday and our staff party. OMG what a night!!!! I had the BEST time. It was organised by our staffroom - well mainly Spanner - and it went off, TOTALLY ROCKED, best night i had in a long time and because this is my blog I am gunna hide all the pics hehehehehehehehe


Ok I think that is enough of an update for now. I will let you all get back to sleep. Sorry for boring you all hehehehe

me xoxoxoxo

No comments: